Most people agree that home-cooked food is undoubtedly healthier than dining out. Everyday since young, my mom would diligently prepare scrumptious yet healthy meals for me and my siblings. However, the term “healthy” is getting more and more stringent nowadays. There were times when my home-cooked food was still not considered healthy as it truly depended on the method of cooking. But, things changed at the point when my sister and bro-in-law introduced me to this advanced technology employing hot circulating air to cook, namely the air-fryer.
Initially, I was quite skeptical about the outcome of my cooking when I used the air-fryer for fear that it would turn out to be aweful. But after several attempts, surprisingly the dishes turned out to be as delicious as the conventional cooking method, if not better. No oil was needed, but yet the food could be still turn out crispy on the outside and at the same time, soft and tender on the inside. Most importantly, I was totally horrified by the amount of oil or fat that was drained out from the food. It was then that I realise how much oil or fat I had consumed all this while. As a result, I am now determined to use this Unique Rapid Air Technology more often in my cooking.
This time round, I came up with a slightly different marinade. With it, each chicken drumstick turned out smooth and juicy, at the same time, it was also filled with the aromatic, spicy ginger-soy taste. Put all of them into the air-fryer (mine’s from Mayer) for a couple of minutes and that was it! Actually, this was the simplest yet most delicious dish that my hubby had requested from me.
Ginger- Soy Sauce Fried Drumsticks Recipe
Serves: 2 pax / Prep Time: 5 mins / Cooking Time: 20 mins / Level of Difficulty: Simple
- 4 pieces drumsticks
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 10g young ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. black vinegar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. cooking caramel
- A dash of black pepper
- Parsley flakes
1. Peel and grate the ginger, then mix with all the other ingredients in a bowl, large enough to hold all the drumsticks.
2. Rub the drumsticks all over with the marinade and set it aside in the fridge for an hour.
4. Place the drumsticks into the air-fryer basket and slide the basket into the air-fryer. Set the timer to 10 minutes and allow it to roast the drumsticks until the timer rings. Note: Do not discard the excess marinade away.
5. Preheat the air-fryer to 150°C and set timer for another 10 minutes to ensure the drumsticks are cooked thoroughly.
6. In the mean time, pour the remaining marinade into a pot and bring it to boil. Set it aside in a small dipping bowl.
7. Once the timer rings, carefully take the drumsticks out from the basket. Bon Appétit!
All photos and information on Daphne’s Escapades are copyright protected. Please do not use any of the images or content without any prior permission. Should you wish to share the recipe in your post, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and direct the post to its original source.