This is a wonderfully delicious yet simple meal which you can whip up in around 15 minutes after a tiring day at work. Definitely stepping out of my comfort zone to prepare a Western meal. The positive words of encouragement from hubby was the only reason for me to try cooking something different each day. Surprisingly, hubby gave the thumbs up to it. Another milestone achieved.
Mixed Pea Fritters Recipe
Serves: 2 pax / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 5 mins / Level of Difficulty: Simple
- 250g frozen mixed peas, defrosted
- 4 pieces of crab sticks, defrosted (optional)
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 150g or 8 tbsp. plain flour
- 0.5 tsp. baking powder
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flake or fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- In a blender, blend 3/4 of mixed peas, crab sticks and onion until you have a smooth puree. Subsequently, add in the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and dried parsley flake to blend until they are well mixed.
- Add the remaining peas into the puree.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a low heat with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Drop 2 tbsp. of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2 mins until it turns golden brown then flip over the other side.
- Remove from the pan and let it drain on the kitchen paper.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the remaining batter and serve them immediately.
All photos and information on Daphne’s Escapades are copyright protected. Please do not use any of the images or content without any prior permission. Should you wish to share the recipe in your post, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and direct the post to its original source.