Truthfully, I’m one person who loves eating fried food, be it fried chicken or vegetables (tempura). However, every time after indulging in these superbly oily and crispy food, the guilt will slowly creep into me. The amount of oil in these food totally exceeds my recommended daily intake. This guilt and unhealthy way of eating have reduced tremendously the moment I had the air fryer as an integral part of my cooking.
Yesterday, I decided to make fried dumplings with the air fryer despite having no clue on how it should be done. In my previous failed attempts, the dumplings weren’t as crispy and succulent as I expected. So this time around, with some improvisation, they turned out to be perfect just as if they were deep-fried.
AirFried Crispy Dumplings Recipe
Serves: 2-3 pax / Prep Time: 10mins / Cook Time: 8mins / Level of Difficulty: Simple
- 250g ground pork (you can substitute it with chicken or fish paste)
- Few dashes of white pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 packet of dumpling wrappers
- Water, for sealing
- Canola oil, for coating
1. In a bowl, mix the ground pork, salt and white pepper together. Stir to combine well.
2. Place approximately 2 tsp. of the filling onto each dumpling wrapper and then seal the outer edges with the water, to create a triangular shape.
3. For a crispy effect, lightly brush the dumplings with oil.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 200°C.
5. Place the dumplings into the basket and slide it into the air fryer. Set the timer for 8 minutes, until the timer rings and they are golden brown.
6. Serve the dumplings immediately with sweet chilli sauce.
All photos and information on Daphne’s Escapades are copyright protected. Please do not use any of the images or content without any prior permission. Should you wish to share the recipe in your post, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and direct the post to its original source.