Egg lovers will always find ways to cook eggs in different styles. Since hubby and I love the smell of fresh spring onion, I thought it’d be the best ever addition to the egg. I learned this dish from my mom and since then, I knew how such a simple ingredient (egg) could turn out to be a delicious dish.
The first time I cooked this dish for hubby, he could not believe how the two ingredients could be so elegantly made into a dish. Nevertheless, I was happy that he was still willing to give it a try. Got the approval smile from him that the dish was to his liking, and since then, it has continued to feature in my menu particularly when I need to prepare a quick meal.
Spring Onion Omelette Fine Anchovies Recipe
Serves: 2 pax / Prep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 5 mins / Level of Difficulty: Simple
- 3 farm eggs
- 0.5 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice wine
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 bowl fresh spring onion (finely chopped)
- Pan- fried fine anchovies (“Jan- Myeolchi”) (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, soy sauce, rice wine, salt and black pepper and stir.
2. Heat the frying pan with 0.5 tbsp of canola oil and cook the spring onion for a minute.
3. Transfer the cook spring onions into the egg mixture.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over a high heat only then pour the egg mixture into it.
5. When the egg is fully cooked, serve it immediately with the pan-fried fine anchovies and steamed rice.
All photos and information on Daphne’s Escapades are copyright protected. Please do not use any of the images or content without any prior permission. Should you wish to share the recipe in your post, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and direct the post to its original source.