Weekends are the best times for hubby and I to snuggle on the bed a little longer, so much so that at times we willingly skipped breakfast (definitely guilty of that, but sometimes sleep wins over food). When this happened, we would just resort to having brunch instead.
Sometime, we would ensure the brunch that we have is sufficient to last us till dinner time. But in reality, we would start hearing our stomach growl by late afternoon (perhaps tea time). It was surely not a wise to have a heavy meal then, for fear that we would be too full for dinner. It was also a dilemma for me to decide what to prepare for tea time. And to make things more challenging, both of us dislike pastries.
However, the good news is that I’m rarely faced with such a dilemma now. Recently, I discovered several recipes that could simply be prepared within 15-20 minutes, yet, wasn’t too heavy to be eaten. I once had this particular dish in a Hong Kong cafeteria, where the chef merely stir-fried the spaghetti instead of cooking it the authentic Italian way. Surprisingly, it tasted very delicious and hence, I decided to reproduce it by using chicken fillets and capsicums. The sweet and crunchy capsicums along with the juicy meat is surely something that you cannot go wrong with.
Stir-Fried Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken Recipe
Serves: 2 pax / Prep Time: 10mins / Cooking Time: 20mins / Level of Difficulty: Simple
- 250g chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 packet Angel Hair Pasta
- Canola oil
- 1 red chilli (finely sliced)
- 2-3 sprigs spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with the marinade and leave it for 15 minutes in the fridge.
2. Heat up the non-stick pan and stir-fry the chicken pieces in canola oil until its no longer pink. Remove to a plate and keep them warm.
3. Using the same pan, add the garlic and capsicums. Cook and stir until the garlic and capsicums are crisp tender.
4. In the mean time, bring a pot of water to boil with a teaspoon of salt and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Once cooked, drain the pasta.
5. Add the cooked pasta and red chilli. Stir well so that all the ingredients get mixed with the pasta evenly.
6. Add in the seasonings and mix well. Return chicken to the pan and toss until well-mixed.
7. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
All photos and information on Daphne’s Escapades are copyright protected. Please do not use any of the images or content without any prior permission. Should you wish to share the recipe in your post, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and direct the post to its original source.